[Ifeffit] XAS position at India Technology Center
dr.sdkelly at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 14:02:05 CST 2014
Dear XAS community:
*Job Description: XAS Specialist*
UOP Honeywell has strong capabilities in the area of X-ray absorption
spectroscopy, tomography, XRD, XPS, and molecular modeling. The group is
now seeking for an XAS modeling specialist to strengthen its team further.
The position is based at Honeywell India Technology Center.
- EXAFS modeling and interpretation of spectra from catalysts and
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of in situ X-ray
absorption spectroscopy experiments.
- Ability to assess the quality of XAS data as collected and to identify
- Generation of XAS data reports using Athena/Artemis include:
comparisons of XANES and EXAFS spectra, linear combination fitting of XANES
spectra, and EXAFS interpretation of the spectra in terms of metal
- Participate in all departmental safety activities and conduct all work
with a high degree of attention to safety.
- Utilize six-sigma tools as necessary to implement project work.
*Basic Candidate Qualifications:*
- PhD in physics, chemistry, and chemical engineering or similar is
- Minimum of 2 year experience with synchrotron beam line operations and
data analysis. (This experience can include graduate level work within an
*Additional Candidate Qualifications:*
- Experience in Industrial Catalysis Research or Materials Research
setting is considered ideal.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of FEFF, x-ray optics, and instrument automation is
considered a strong plus.
- Strong demonstration of ability to work in a team environment across
various time zones
- Ability to travel up to 10% on an annual basis
Applicants please provide CV and references to Dr. Shelly Kelly at
Shelly.Kelly at Honeywell.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ifeffit