[Ifeffit] Demeter not open in Windows and can't import raw data in Mac

Mengling Stuckman menglingyi1023 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 12:08:11 CST 2014

Hi, all,

I'm a new user of Demeter and unfortunately I have problems with installing
and using Demeter for both operating systems.

In Windows 7 enterprise, all of my Demeter programs (updated to version
0.9.18.2) can't open. In the %APPDATA%\Roaming\demeter\dathena.log, the
following message showed up if I tried to open Athena:
"Can't load 'C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib/auto/Wx/Wx.dll' for module Wx:
load_file:The network path was not found at
C:/strawberry/perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 200.
 at C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib/Wx/Perl/SplashFast.pm line 60
Compilation failed in require at C:\strawberry\perl\site\bin\dathena.bat
line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
C:\strawberry\perl\site\bin\dathena.bat line 23."
If I tried to open Artemis, the same error message showed up.

I did go through the mailing list to search for similar topics, but I can't
find any .mru file or .cwd file in folder %APPDATA%\Roaming\demeter\ to
delete. Is there anything else I can do to solve this problem?

In my mac OS X 10.7.5, I did successfully install Demeter onto my system
and was able to open any files in the .prj file in Athena. However, when I
tried to import the raw XANES data files, like sample.0001 or sample.0002,
Athena would close. At the same time on Terminal, the follow message showed
up:
"At line 436 of file iff_show.f
Fortran runtime error: End of record"
The mac version is very new, I don't know if any user has similar issue to
not?

Thank you very much! Any reply would be highly appreciated!
Mengling
--
Mengling Stuckman
ORISE Research Fellow