[Ifeffit] How can I fit the results obtained from FEFF9 to the experimental data using the ARTEMIS.

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 3 06:55:06 CST 2014

Hi Abhijeet,

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 1:33 AM, Abhijeet Gaur <abhijeetgaur9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>       I have started using FEFF9 recently. I am using it to generate
> theoretical model for some copper compounds and complexes. As you have
> mentioned in one of research article' Nuclear Instruments and Methods in
> Physics Research A 619(2010)28-32' How can I fit the results obtained from
> FEFF9 to the experimental data using the ARTEMIS.
>     I have tried to search the answer on the ifeffit mailing list but unable
> to find a satisfactory one.
>
> With thanks in advance
>
> --
> Dr. Abhijeet Gaur

Can you tell us what you've tried?

Are you sure you need Feff9 to model the EXAFS data you have?  As has
been discussed before (even recently), it's not clear that DArtemis
really needs to support Feff9.    If it does, it may not be obvious
(to Bruce or someone else who volunteers to do this) what exactly
needs to do to support it.

I'm sure a patch to DArtemis would be most welcome here.