[Ifeffit] Handling large data sets in Athena (and energy dispersive calibration)

Godfrey, Ian i.godfrey at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Dec 18 03:19:18 CST 2014

Dear All,

Here's an issue I recently encountered while trying to handle some very large in situ datasets in Athena; it may be by design/an inherent limitation, rather than a bug, though:

(I am running Demeter 0.9.21 pre and Demeter 0.9.20 , both x64 on Windows 8.1 x64 on separate machines).

Each of my datafiles contains over 300 columns of u(E) data as space delimited plain text, however when I try and import them to Athena the import window will only display checkboxes up to column 87.

I've attached an example datafile and a logfile to this email. (The data is very poor, but that shouldn't be an issue for debugging...) I've also attached a copy of the datafile as it came from the beamline - this also displays the issue, so it's nothing I've done to the file.

On a related note, is it possible for the energy dispersive data calibration to be added back to Athena? To get the calibration parameters for this data I had to use the (very) old version!

Thanks,

Ian

----
Ian Godfrey

PhD Student,
UCL/JAIST Programme

Industrial Doctorate Centre in Molecular Modelling and Materials Science,
Department of Chemistry,
University College London

and

School of Materials Science,
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology

i.godfrey at ucl.ac.uk<mailto:i.godfrey at ucl.ac.uk> i.godfrey at jaist.ac.jp<mailto:i.godfrey at jaist.ac.jp>