[Ifeffit] non-standard space group P 21/n

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Sat Dec 6 08:09:58 CST 2014

Andrea,

I was on a train without internet access much of yesterday.  Happily,
you got some useful feedback from others.  The mailing list really is a
good place to ask questions!

 From your original email, I get the sense that you are using the very
old version of Atoms, which is written in Fortran and which was last
worked on in 1998.

While Wayne's advice is certainly correct and actionable, I am pretty
confident that the current version of Atoms knows how to interpret the
space group symbol P 21/n.  At least, that symbol is in the database:

https://github.com/bruceravel/demeter/blob/master/lib/Xray/Crystal/share/space_groups.db.PL#L308

For this sort of question, it is usually a good idea to post the actual
crystal data (or a link to it) when you ask your question.  That way,
you can get a specific answer to your specific question, rather that the
sort of generic, "you might try this..." sorts of answers you have
gotten from Wayne, Robert, and myself.

Hopefully, Wayne's impressive command of 3D geometry has gotten you over
your hurdle!

Cheers,