[Ifeffit] Regarding a fit for Fe(OTf)2

Jason Gaudet jason.r.gaudet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:37:24 CST 2014

So I did in fact run into an actual chemist with actual experience on this
material not ten minutes ago, and she explained the structure is Fe hydride
cations and triflate anions; without the water there is no structure.  You
can presumably replace water with ACN or something similar and get the same
general structure, but if you took iron (II) triflate hexahydrate and
attempted to remove water without substitution, you would've probably made
iron nanoparticles or some other material.

So it comes back to the question of what your material really is ...

-Jason