[Ifeffit] save Artemis project and cannot find Path List information when reopen

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Aug 29 15:58:59 CDT 2014

On 08/29/2014 12:30 PM, Matt Newville wrote:
> I think this might explain random problems saving fits that I've seen
> but could never figure out how to reproduce well enough to submit a
> report.  I'm pretty sure this happened to me during a recent "live demo"
> of Artemis.

Yikes!  That's just swell....

> Great to hear that the problem is identified!

I agree.  I am grateful to Yanyun for reporting it and for bearing with
me, as it took several emails for me to understand the problem.

My solution, which I wrote this afternoon and which will be in the next
release, was to disable the "Run Atoms" and "Run Feff" buttons the first
time you drag and drop a path from the Feff calculation onto a data set.

Another solution would be to preserve the results of previous Feff runs
from the same Feff window.  That is certainly possible, but certainly
involves a lot more code than what I did this afternoon!

Cheers,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2