[Ifeffit] save Artemis project and cannot find Path List information when reopen

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Aug 29 09:31:45 CDT 2014

On 08/29/2014 10:20 AM, huyanyun at physics.utoronto.ca wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> Thank you for your help. Yes, it happens consistently to me, but
> sometimes I did the same thing and it won't happen. So I was confused.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand your answer.

To be clear, if you:

  * make a fitting model
  * run one or more fits
  * re-run feff
  * save and close artemis

the next time you open that project file, it is *guaranteed* to be
broken.

As I said, this is a shockingly obvious avenue for failure.  Until I
harden the program against this, the work-around is /never/ to re-run
feff after running a fit.  In fact, you should /never/ re-run feff
after you have started dragging and dropping paths onto the data page.