[Ifeffit] Demeter OS X macports build failure

Schima, Frank frank.schima at nist.gov
Wed Aug 27 09:41:26 CDT 2014

Alison is exactly correct. You now have the latest of everything and demeter-devel has the fixes for the black window problem.

Cheers!
Frank

On Aug 26, 2014, at 10:05 PM, Alison Tebo <agtebo at umich.edu<mailto:agtebo at umich.edu>> wrote:

Hi Paul,

demeter-devel is the most current version of Demeter available via Macports--you can always check by checking the port documentation itself. Since Demeter is a front-end to ifeffit, the black windows have to do with how Demeter renders on Macs and nothing to do with how up-to-date ifeffit is (as far as I know). Ifeffit was the dependency (of demeter) with the problem when called automatically by Macports, but updating that manually won't also update your demeter front-end. If you have the most recent ifeffit (now that you've updated it manually) and demeter-devel you should have the most updated version of everything.

Best,
Alison