[Ifeffit] Demeter OS X macports build failure

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Aug 25 07:17:48 CDT 2014

On 08/24/2014 10:33 PM, Paul Fons wrote:
> Let me start out thanking you for writing and maintaining the OSX build
> of Demeter.  Up until the latest release the different elements Athena,
> Artemis, and Hephaestus have been running more or less fine.  In the
> latest update, I encountered a build error upon giving the command "port
> upgrade outdated".  Here is the content of the log file.  Do you have
> any advise as to how to proceed?

Paul,

Errors like this:

   :info:build Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
   :info:build   "__gfortran_compare_string", referenced from:

suggest a missing library that is being referenced but which cannot be
linked to.  Perhaps you are missing some package associated with
gfortran...?

I'd likely know how to solve this problem on Ubuntu, but on macports.....

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2