[Ifeffit] importing larch functionality

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Aug 18 13:22:20 CDT 2014

This:

    use_plugin_path('xafs')
    from feffdat import feffpath

works as expected.  It adds the path to larch's xafs plugins into the
search path and imports "feffdat" such that it can be used in the
namespace of the plugin I am working on.

This fails

    use_plugin_path('wx')
    from plotter import newplot, plot

with this error message:

    file <stdin>, line 0
    ImportError: cannot import name newplot
        add_plugin('f85ut')

What am I not understanding?  newplot (and plot) seem to be exported
by wx/plotter.py the same way that feffpath is exported by
xafs/feffdat.py.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2