[Ifeffit] problem of normalization of feff calculation and experimental spectrum

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Aug 14 13:06:25 CDT 2014

On 08/14/2014 01:46 PM, ZHAN Fei wrote:
> Hello,everyone:
>
>   When the energy range is too short (for instance 60 70 eV,this moment
> normal normalization in Athena may not be perfect),how to do the
> normalization of both the feff calculation and experimental spectrum?I
> want to let feff calculation fit the experiment , so spectrum
> normalization had better can be express a parameter to be fited,I'm not
> sure normal edge jump works,anyone have good idea about it ?

Here's my answer from the last time someone asked a similar question:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit%40millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg03717.html

Searching for "normalization" on the mailing list archive turns up a lot
more information:

http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=normalization&l=ifeffit%40millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2