[Ifeffit] XANES - Peak assignment and ionization potential with

Joshua Kas joshua.j.kas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 12:45:01 CDT 2013

Hi Ross,
FEFF calculates the Edge energy, as well as the Fermi level. The edge
energy is accurate to about 1%, which means 1 to 10 eV for most edges
and systems. Feff also calculates the Fermi level, but does not give a
good estimate of the ionization potential.

Also, in reference to your first question, as Bruce suggested, the
LDOS is a good quantity to look at. If a peak shows up strongly in the
Ca and the O LDOS, but only weakly in the C LDOS, that is an
indication that the peak is due to hybridization (bonding) between the
Ca and O states.

Cheers,
Josh