[Ifeffit] Upon updating Demeter on 9/4, pluck results in both Artemis and Athena not responding

Heidi Jensen heidi.jensen at stonybrook.edu
Tue Sep 10 19:03:05 CDT 2013

I wanted to see if anyone can help me with a problem that I am experiencing
(log files below). I am running Demeter on Windows 7. I updated the Demeter
package last week using the updater package (0.9.18.2) and have had issues
when attempting to pluck points from plots since then. I am confident that
at the time of update, I had the current version of the installer package.
    The window that usually pops up when you click on the pluck boxes does
not come up and both Artemis and Athena stop responding for about 30
seconds and then return to normal function, but without allowing me to
select any points in the plotting window. This does not crash either
program completely. In Artemis, I tried to use the pluck command to select
the fitting range. In Athena, I tried it with both selecting points for the
k-range of the Forward Fourier transformation and in the Deglitching and
truncation window.
I think that I may try to uninstall the Demeter package and start over and
see what that does.

Thanks for your help.

Heidi Jensen

Artemis:

Started at 2013-09-05T16:05:49
Win7Professional (64-bit) Service Pack 1 Service Pack 16176012102561

PATH:
C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Program Files
(x86)\PharosSystems\Core;C:\strawberry\perl\bin;C:\strawberry\perl\site\bin;C:\strawberry\c\bin;C:\Program
Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\

perl version: v5.12.3

@INC:
C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib