[Ifeffit] modeling significant defects and molecules

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 31 11:39:11 CDT 2013

YOu could use ATOMS to make a FEFF file for a simple structure, then copy the header from that and replace the atoms list with a set of
coordinates.  You'd have to write a program which would automatically fill in the correct IPOTs and symbols, but it's not that hard.
What's annoying is if you have multiple inequivalent absorber atoms, because then you have to make individual FEFF files centered about each
one and run FEFF multiple times.  I know that the CFAVERAGE card is supposed to take care of that, but I gather that it doesn't work
for XANES.  Anyone have an idea how reliable it is for EXAFS?
	mam