[Ifeffit] Bug when adding feff calculations

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Oct 31 09:50:41 CDT 2013

This is a valid point, as was Chris's response.

When Atoms reads crystal data (which your cif file is -- it has two
molecular units in a triclinic P -1 unit cell) it assigns unique
potentials, then makes a rhmoboid out of unit cells which is big
enough to completely enclose a sphere if radius RMAX.  It then keeps
only the atoms which are within the sphere.

The mistake that Atoms seems to be making is not going through the
sphere and verifying that each unique potential is represented.  That
is, Atoms should be smart enough to do automatically what you have
gotten good at doing by hand.

I'll put that on the to do list.

Thanks,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel