[Ifeffit] Bug when adding feff calculations

Daniel Whittaker daniel.whittaker at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Thu Oct 31 05:15:00 CDT 2013

Hi Georges,

In reference to your non-critical bug. Another method to bypass this:

1) After importing CIF Cut (Right click on the line) the absorbing atom site and Paste (Right click at end of table) to the end of the atom list (ensure you re-tick CORE).
2) Run Feff and it will create the Feff input file with ipot list with the atom of interest as ipot 1 and another one as ipot [last number]
3) Delete the line with the 2nd unnecessary (final) ipot for the absorbing atom.
4) Run Feff - all should be well?

I hope this helps – credit where its due, I was shown this by another user who is on the list,

Daniel Whittaker, MChem
Nuclear FiRST DTC PhD Student
The School of Chemistry
Chemistry Building