[Ifeffit] Report problem in Demeter install

Charles Le Losq closq at ciw.edu
Fri Oct 25 16:27:45 CDT 2013

Sorry Bruce I was not aware about this list.

Here are the
precisions:

I'm trying to build from the packages, following the
instruction of this webpage:

http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/pods/installation.pod.html#Installing_from_packages

Its a virtual Debian 6.0 machine, Ifeffit is installed, as well as
pgplot and Gnuplot (installed with apt-get)

perl v5.10.1

gcc 4.4.5

When I run perl ./Build.PL I've got the following :

#####################################

root at debian:/home/charles/matlab/MATLAB/LINUX/XAS/aide/demeter# perl
./Build.PL
Checking whether your kit is complete...
Looks good

Checking
prerequisites...
 - ERROR: PPI is not installed
 - ERROR: PPI::HTML is
not installed
 - ERROR: Template is not installed
 - ERROR:
Syntax::Highlight::Perl is not installed
 - ERROR: Image::Size is not
installed
 - ERROR: Pod::ProjectDocs is not installed
 - ERROR: DateTime
is not installed
 - ERROR: Capture::Tiny is not installed
 - ERROR:
Archive::Zip is not installed
 - ERROR: MooseX::Singleton is not
installed
 - ERROR: PDL is not installed
 - ERROR: Encoding::FixLatin is
not installed
 - ERROR: File::CountLines is not installed
 - ERROR:
Math::Spline is not installed
 - ERROR: Chemistry::Elements is not
installed
 - ERROR: Heap is not installed
 - ERROR: List::MoreUtils is
not installed
 - ERROR: Statistics::Descriptive is not installed
 -
ERROR: Regexp::Assemble is not installed
 - ERROR: Const::Fast is not
installed
 - ERROR: Math::Combinatorics is not installed
 - ERROR:
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel is not installed
 - ERROR: MooseX::Types is not
installed
 - ERROR: Math::Round is not installed
 - ERROR:
String::Random is not installed
 - ERROR: Text::Template is not
installed
 - ERROR: Tree::Simple is not installed
 - ERROR: Pod::POM is
not installed
 - ERROR: Config::INI is not installed
 - ERROR: Graph is
not installed
 - ERROR: File::Touch is not installed
 - ERROR:
PDL::Stats is not installed
 - ERROR: MooseX::Aliases is not installed

- ERROR: Regexp::Common is not installed
 - ERROR: Moose is not
installed
 - ERROR: YAML::Tiny is not installed
 - ERROR: Want is not
installed
 - ERROR: Math::Derivative is not installed
 - ERROR:
XMLRPC::Lite is not installed
 * Optional prerequisite Wx is not
installed
 * Optional prerequisite Graphics::GnuplotIF is not installed

* Optional prerequisite File::Monitor::Lite is not installed
 * Optional
prerequisite Term::Twiddle is not installed
 * Optional prerequisite
Term::Sk is not installed

ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES. You
may wish to install the versions
of the modules indicated above before
proceeding with this installation

Deleting Build
Removed previous
script 'Build'

Creating new 'Build' script for 'Demeter' version
'v0.9.18'

#################################

Therefore I follow the
instructions, used cpan, configurated it, but when I run

./Build
installdeps

iI have that:

###########################

root at debian:/home/charles/matlab/MATLAB/LINUX/XAS/aide/demeter#
./Build installdeps
No action 'installdeps' defined, try running the
'help' action.

###########################

On 25.10.2013 17:00, Bruce
Ravel wrote:

> Charles,
>
> It is a bad use of my time to answer
questions about the software
> other than on the mailing list

email is CCed to the mailing list. Any further
> conversation on this
topic must use the mailing list.

Losq wrote:

>> Hello, I tried to install the demeter software but
when I seach for dependencies with ./Build installdeps

>> (as
described here:
http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/pods/installation.pod.html#Installing_from_packages
[1])

> Am I to assume that you are trying to build from source? The
link is
> to the part of that page that discusses NOT building from
source....

--
Charles Le Losq
Postdoctoral fellow