[Ifeffit] Artemis Software Issue

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Oct 25 12:24:19 CDT 2013

So... version 0.8.012 of Athena was released in January of 2003 --
nearly 11 years ago.  In the intervening years I have made dozens of
updates to the software.  This includes the retirement of the 0.8
series of the software and, several years ago, the beginning of the
0.9 series.

I have publically and repeatedly stated that I no longer support the
0.8 series.  Against my better judgement, I am replying to your email.

The problem with the plot window was among the VERY LONG LIST of
improvement to the software that came with the 0.9 series.  To my
mind, your frustration is a problem entirely of your own making.

What's even more annoying to me than such a ridiculous question from a
self-proclaimed "xafsmaster" is that two of the so-called experts who
weigh in on this mailing list chose to respond to your email with a
joke rather than a suggestion to use software written in the current
decade.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder why I even bother with all this....