[Ifeffit] Artemis Software Issue

James Apollo xafsmaster at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 08:38:41 CDT 2013

Hello, Bruce and co

I am a user of extended xray edge EXAFS spectroscopy and I have what I hope is a well formulated question regarding your software that you have developed. I recently downloaded a fresh copy of Iffefit from the CARS website, but the same issue continues to persist. In version 0.8.012 of Atena, I have noticed that if I ever close the "graphics window #1" the program alerts me that "the window was closed" and the software shuts down. Afterwards, I cannot restart the software no matter how hard I try. I have lost a great deal of my extended xray XAFS and XANES work from this aggreviating software issue.

Is there some kind of patch I can download? The updates don't seem to work when I startup the software. Is there a newer version of the software I could use? Please let me know how to fix the problem.

Thanks!