[Ifeffit] Athena: Target transform function not working

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Oct 17 14:28:34 CDT 2013

On 10/02/2013 01:00 PM, John Hayes wrote:

> I am trying to use Athena to do some PCA work and am having trouble
> getting the target transform analysis to work. When I click the target
> transform button no TT coefficients are produced and only a residual
> that is shaped like the original spectrum to be transformed is plotted.
> This seems to happen for all of my standards. (For my data in norm3.prj
> I am doing the PCA on all the spectra that start with TMF and trying to
> target transform the other spectra.)
>
> I have also tried this with the cyanobacteria data in the XAS-Education
> folder (also attached) to ensure it wasn't just a problem with my data.
> I am still have the same problems with this file as well. The
> dathena.log file and screenshot come from trying to target transform
> using this file.

Hi John,

Sorry it took me so long to address this.  As I mentioned in my last
email, I didn't do much work on the software during the ridiculous
US government shutdown which left me furloughed.

This was just a bit of sloppiness on my part.  While trying to make
some improvements to the PCA part of Demeter, I simply left the target
transform function in a non-wroking state.  Sorry 'bout that.

It will be fixed in the next release.  If you would like to apply the
fix imemdiately, you can do so by hand.  Do the following:

   1. Download
      https://raw.github.com/bruceravel/demeter/master/lib/Demeter/PCA.pm

   2. Save that as
      C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib\Demeter\PCA.pm

   3. Download

https://raw.github.com/bruceravel/demeter/master/lib/Demeter/UI/Athena/PCA.pm

   4. Save that as
      C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib\Demeter\UI\Athena\PCA.pm

Both of those will overwrite existing files.

Be careful that your browser does not change the filename to
PCA.tt.txt or some such.  The filenames should be exactly as shown.

Note that both files are called PCA.pm, although they live in
different folders.  Don't get them confused -- they may not be
swapped.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel