[Ifeffit] Demeter/Strawberry Perl in Windows 8

Bruce Ravel bruceravel1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 10:55:13 CDT 2013

This is not clear at all to me and I don't have any Win8 machines to
play with.

That said, I am troubled by this:

   > I have tried installing the latest version of Strawberry Perl (I
   > have tried both the x86 and x64 version, I have an x64 system)

My package is built using a specific version of Strawberry.  If you have
installed some other release of Strawberry *and* my package, I can
imagine that weird things could happen.

My advice is to purge anything having to do with any version of
Strawberry from your machine and start from scratch.  Make sure that
after you have run the uninstaller that you also manually remove any
files still left behind in C:\strawberry or where ever things got
installed on your computer.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, I am not able to do much more than this
to help with a Windows specific problem.  I am still furloughed due to
the shutdown of the US government and unable to go into work.  I do not
have any Windows computers at home.  Until I get to work again, all I
can do is sit on this sidelines and offer advice about things like this.