[Ifeffit] Athena: Target transform function not working

John Hayes ginger.jesus at usask.ca
Wed Oct 2 12:00:00 CDT 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to use Athena to do some PCA work and am having trouble getting
the target transform analysis to work. When I click the target transform
button no TT coefficients are produced and only a residual that is shaped
like the original spectrum to be transformed is plotted. This seems to
happen for all of my standards. (For my data in norm3.prj I am doing the
PCA on all the spectra that start with TMF and trying to target transform
the other spectra.)

I have also tried this with the cyanobacteria data in the XAS-Education
folder (also attached) to ensure it wasn't just a problem with my data. I
am still have the same problems with this file as well. The dathena.log
file and screenshot come from trying to target transform using this file.

I am running a 64-bit version of Windows 7 and am running the 0.9.18
version of Athena.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Cheers!

--
John Hayes

The Grosvenor Group
Dept. of Chemistry
University of Saskatchewan

“Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each
year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.”