[Ifeffit] re Athena: Target transform function not working

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Nov 5 13:17:57 CST 2013

On 11/01/2013 09:52 AM, fred.mosselmans at diamond.ac.uk wrote:
> Following the instructions you gave John  Hayes, I tried installing this
> fix on both a windows XP and Windows 7 machine today.
>
> Installing the PCA.pm file in the strawberry\perl\site\lib\Demeter
> folder seems to result in the crashing Athena when the pca tab is selected.
>
> I initially  replaced both PCA.pm files and crashed the program then
> replaced one at a time and it is this file which causes the crash.
>
> Looking at github I see it was last changed yesterday I think, so
> suspect you may have altered it recently in a less than perfect manner.

Hi Fred (and everyone else who has been asking about the target
transform in Athena's PCA tool),

The instructions I gave to John will no longer work.  In solving one
of the problems George Strbinsky reported recently, I had to make a
rather sweeping change to the Demeter code base that precludes
using the sort of solution I suggested to John.

This means that the target transform will remain broken until I can
make a new update to the Windows package.

The bad news is that I am about to go on travel, so I will not have an
opportunity to make an updater until the week of Nov 18th at the
earliest.

The good news is that I have fixed the problem.  Those who update from
github (linux users, for example, or Windows users who know how to use
git) can have the solution right now.

Sorry for the delay,

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel