[Ifeffit] closing Artemis project

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue May 28 15:30:57 CDT 2013

On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 02:04:50 PM Christopher Patridge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about (D)Artemis.  After saving a project, I used the
> Close option under File.  This does remove the datasets and feff
> calculations but it keeps the name of the project in main window
> header.  Is there a way to begin a new project other than closing
> Artemis and/or beginning a project and use the save as option?

The work around is to start your new project then choose "Save as"
from the File menu.

That said, this is a bug.  I'll put it on the to do list.  Thanks.

> One other thing, is there any possibility of extending the number of
> datasets for artemis?

16 is the compiled-in limit in Ifeffit:

  Ifeffit> show &max_data_sets
   &max_data_sets =      16.000000000

It is certainly possible to change that limit and recompile Ifeffit.
I am disinclined to maintain more than one version of the Windows
packages.  But making this change happen on linux is not hard.  I'd be
happy to make a follow-up post walking you through it.

Making this change happen on your own on Windows is not trivial, but
certainly doable.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel