[Ifeffit] Problem with running Demeter

Ravel, Bruce bravel at bnl.gov
Wed May 1 13:57:32 CDT 2013

Amitava,

It is very difficult for me to take your email seriously.  In fact, I just wrote an extremely sarcastic email, then thought better of it.

Looking up the web page of the cleaning tool you used, it seems that one of the purposes of that thing is to target third party applications (like Demeter).  It promises to remove DLLs that it considers old or unused.  If I had to guess, it removed some DLLs from the system space that Demeter was relying on.  Given that you reinstalled Demeter and still have the same problem, it seems quite likely that your "helpful" tool did, in fact, remove DLLs from system folders.

I have not the foggiest clue how to solve your problem.  It is hard enough work for me to maintain a software package in a state that works on virtually everyone's computer.  Expecting me to be your system administrator as well seems outside the realm of my responsibilities.