[Ifeffit] questions related to ifeffit fitting

davood dar davoodar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 10:09:11 CDT 2013

Respected Sir,

            I am new in the field of EXAFS. I have few questions regarding
to IFEFFIT i.e., fitting of theoretical models to the  experimental EXAFS
data.

1.    What is the ideal value of R- factor for any fit.

2.  *    * Can we use (fit) the theoretical model generated from square
pyramidal structure to EXAFS  data of  octahedral structure by assigning
degeneracy of 2 for the apical atom. OR using octalhedral for square planar
by not using apical path

Yours faithfully

Davood Ah. Dar

EXAFS research scholar