[Ifeffit] MBACK and Athena

Bajamundi Cyril Cyril.Bajamundi at vtt.fi
Fri Mar 8 01:49:37 CST 2013

Dear Bruce,

The motivation for the question is that I'm concerned whether the shift in E values after calibration is conserved when the calibrated data has been saved in the .xmu file.
So here's a follow up. I have taken the following scans successively
Cu foil
Sample1_scan1
Sample1_scan2
Sample1_scan3
I then process the data in Athena, to begin I calibrated the Cu foil spectrum, such that the nice orange circle falls at the tabulated value of 8979 eV. This in turn gives some "eshift" value of -0.360. What is the relationship of this eshift to the spectra of  sample 1, should I apply this eshift to the scans for sample 1 as? Definitely I can't apply the E0.

This is still a bit vague  in my mind, even after reading the basic data processing section in the documentation.
Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,
Cyril