[Ifeffit] MBACK and Athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Mar 7 07:55:21 CST 2013

On Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:10:26 PM Bajamundi Cyril wrote:
> 1.     Is this procedure valid? In the sense that no information or features
> of the spectrum are lost from merge.xmu to merged.xmu.mnor file.

Do you have some reason to believe that might be happening?  If so, perhaps
you could ask a more explicit question.

> 2.     How will the procedure <Calibrate data> affect this procedure?

Calibration, as it is defined in Athena, is a procedure that changes *both*
the E0 and the Eshift values so that a selected point in the spectrum has a
selected energy value.

  http://bruceravel.github.com/demeter/aug/process/cal.html

I'm not certain I've answered your question, but I am unclear what is
motivating your question.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/Demeter