[Ifeffit] Unable to import data from HXMA beamline at CLS into Athena

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Jun 26 12:11:15 CDT 2013

Athena clearly needs FAQ.  This is a question that gets answered over
and over on this list.

HXMA is one of those beamlines that sends it users home with files in
a format sufficiently unusual that Athena needs help to figure out
what goodies are locked away under a facade of obfuscation.

You need to enable the HXMA plugin on the plugin registry page:

http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/aug/other/plugin.html#athena%27spluginregistry

One of the options is "HXMA".  Click that button on.  I had no trouble
reading the file you sent once I clicked the HXMA plugin on.

Perhaps this is just sour grapes on my part, but wouldn't demanding
non-obfuscated data files from the beamline be a better long-term
solution than complaining about software that can't read whatever
wonky crap the beamline sends you home with?