[Ifeffit] Possible bug - dathena does not work on XP mode

ASAKURA, Hiroyuki h.asakura at nusr.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Sat Jun 1 01:41:08 CDT 2013

Hi Bruce,

I applied the new updater package, but could not open dathena with the same dathena.log output "Can't load Ifeffit.dll".
I wrote what I did on XP mode below.

1. Uninstall Demeter and Install Demeter 0.9.13.1
dathena does not boot.

C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib\auto\Ifeffit\Ifeffit.dll
Size: 746 KB
Timestamp: 2012 Oct 22

2. Update Demeter to 0.9.17 (newly packaged updater, 3.45MB)
dathena does not boot

C:\strawberry\perl\site\lib\auto\Ifeffit\Ifeffit.dll
Size: 746 KB
Timestamp: 2013 May 31

C:\strawberry\c\lib\Ifeffit.dll (new!)
Size: 746 KB
Timestamp: 2013 May 31

I saw three command prompts sequentially appeared in this update process.
This process is too fast to follow messages in each window, but there might be something wrong in the second and third prompt. At least, the third one tried to kick some .bat file (right?), but seems to be "not found".
I am not sure this is related to the present issue because dathena does not boot up before applying 0.9.17 updater.

In addition, I tried to install Demeter on one Windows XP real machine and found dathena works!
So, as far as I know, at least there are three (or four) cases.

1.Demeter on Windows 7 (works)
2. Demeter on some Windows XP (works)
3. Demeter on some Windows XP (does not work)
(4. Demeter on XP mode (Windows XP in VirtualPC on Windows 7) (does not work))

> Chris
Of course, Windows 7 user should use Demeter straightforwardly.

The reason (or background) I posted this issue here is...
1. I've introduced Demeter to others.
2. Some of them reported to me that they could not open dathena. Most of them were Windows XP users.
3. Then, I do not have any Windows XP machines, so I tried to reproduce this issue on XP mode and confirmed dathena did not work (and posted here).

If there is anything I can do, please tell me.

Best,

ASAKURA, Hiroyuki

--
ASAKURA, Hiroyuki