[Ifeffit] Artemis Autosave Files

Shoaib Muhammad mshoaibce at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 23:04:23 CDT 2013

Hi,

I am using Demeter 0.9.17, and trying to fit in-situ XAFS data of metal
oxides and it is going well other than these minor problems on my Windows 7
PC.

A couple of times "Feff" module in Artemis stopped responding and I had to
force close the program. Now whenever I click on .fpj files I see a window
which asks me to restore from previous autosave files. I click
"Cancel" this dialogue box disappears but selected .fpj file is not
automatically loaded. Next time when I try to open another .fpj file, I get
the same window and behavior again. Is there any way to delete these
autosave file? I have searched in mail archieve but there is no querry
regarding it for this "Demeter" version.

Since I have a bunch of Artemis fits on my PC, to save time I select "File"
and then "Close" to close the current fit and then open another Artemis fit
instead of "File" and "Exit". In this way when I open another Artemis fit
(.fpj) file, I see a couple of "Feff Calculations" in the main Artemis tool
bar. How ever I usually don't see these many 'Feff Calculations" if I
completely close the Artemis and then reopen the same file. Is there any
way to solve this behavior? Screen shots of both the problems are attached.

Thanks,
--
Shoaib M.
Department of Energy Science