[Ifeffit] DAthena crashes when reconstructing data from PCA

John Hayes ginger.jesus at usask.ca
Wed Jul 3 17:43:36 CDT 2013

Hi all,

I seem to be having some trouble with Athena crashing during the
reconstruction step for some of my data when doing PCA analysis, and was
wondering if anyone might have some insight. I I have attached a project
file with the spectra in question (I realize they probably aren't
normalized as well as they could be) and the dathena.log file, which is
similar to Dr. Calvin's reported error log, aside from the PATH
information. However, this is not an issue with Parallels, as I am using a
64 bit version of Windows 7.

Here, the issue I have is when reconstructing any of the files starting
with TMF08-03 (in the attached "Combined - tailings.prj" project file). I
am able to reconstruct all of the TMF08-01 files, and I have also
successfully tried PCA/reconstruction on the files from the Au
cyanobacteria example, so I do not believe it is an issue with my computer.
To the extent that it may be an error with the TMF08-03 files, I have tried
to re-import/re-work all the data, but this does not solve the problem, so
it does not seems like the data itself is to blame. Perhaps the file names
are presenting issues for Athena? (i.e. it might be confused if it is a
standard or a sample?)

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance for
any omitted information or poor error reporting on my part, and thank you
for your patience and support with this issue.

Cheers!

John