[Ifeffit] User interface question for Demeter

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Jul 3 09:59:21 CDT 2013

Scott,

I think I am flattered that you have mistaken laziness for philosophy.
I think I will stick with that in the future.  Whenever there is a
feature that seems to be absent from my software, then all users
should assume there is a deep philosophical reason for its absence.  I
am such a very deep fellow, after all!

Silliness aside, I am fully aware that the various lists in Artemis
need the ability to be reordered.  It just hasn't been implemented in
any serious way.  There really isn't a compelling reason other than
that no one had yet complained about it.

I had, in fact, never considered resorting path lists in the way you
suggest.  That's an interesting idea.

I'll bump all this up on the to-do list.  It certainly won't be in the
next release, but hopefully the one after.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel