[Ifeffit] Help with importing binary files from NSLS BM X15B in athena

Raoul-Marie Couture raoul.couture at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 29 20:17:35 CST 2013

Dear all,

I'm trying to import binary files generated at BM X15B of NSLS, at the S K-edge. I selected the corresponding plugin, and Athena (Demeter 0.9.14) does not import the columns 7-10 containing the Io, It, IF and S Kalpha-fluo. It only imports the first few columns and they don't contain the information I need. If I ask Athena to import more columns it crashes and exit. When I use the utility at BM X15B to convert the binary files in simple text files, Athena does not recognize the text files as data file. I'm I doing something wrong ? Any idea how to solve this problem ? I have attached a binary file, its text translation (using the utility available at BM X15B), and a screenshot of what happens when I import a binary file.

Thanks for the help

Regards,

Raoul Couture
<https://sites.google.com/site/couturerm/>