[Ifeffit] (D)Artemis and (D)Athena crash - perl not responding

Matthias Filez Matthias.Filez at ugent.be
Tue Jan 15 10:52:02 CST 2013

Dear all,

Several days ago, I was using (D)Artemis of the Demeter with Strawberry Perl
package version 0.9.13.1 on a Windows 7 64-bit Operating System. Suddenly,
the software crashed when opening (D)Artemis. Ever since, (D)Artemis and
(D)Athena do not respond anymore when I open them. The windows pop up, but
the buttons inside the window do not appear anymore and the software gets
stuck. When trying to check for a solution, "perl.exe does not respond" is
given as a comment. (D)Hephaestos works fine. (D)Atoms functions until I
load an .inp file, then it gets stuck too.

I already tried to reinstall and to update to the newest version (9.14), but
nothing helps. I tried to install Strawberry Perl's newest version, but
since the necessary modules are included in the Demeter software this is
probably useless. Does someone know what to do?

Thanks a lot,

Matthias Filez

Ir. Matthias Filez

Laboratory for Chemical Technology

Department of Chemical Engineering, Ghent University

Krijgslaan 281 S5, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium

Disclaimer:  <http://helpdesk.ugent.be/e-maildisclaimer.php>
http://helpdesk.UGent.be/e-maildisclaimer.php