[Ifeffit] k-range question & R-factor

Christopher Patridge patridge at buffalo.edu
Tue Jan 15 08:21:58 CST 2013

Hello Users,

I was looking for an opinion about the chi(k) signal in a set of data I
am analyzing.  Brief background, this is a set of in-situ XAS data
collected at the Fe K edge from a working electrochemical cell at a
range of potentials during charge; I did not collect the data. I suspect
the feature at ~ 8 angstroms-1, although present in all the spectra is
noise or glitch and wondered if I am being overly cautious?

My conservative range ( k = 2-7 and R = 1-2) really constrains the model
Nidp = 3.31.  Luckily, multiple datasets ( 8 ) to the rescue to give me
some flexibility.  In a multiple dataset fitting, is the R-factor of the
whole set just the average or total mismatch across all the datasets or
it calculated another way?

Working towards happiness,

Chris Patridge

--