[Ifeffit] self absorption correction

sumitk at barc.gov.in sumitk at barc.gov.in
Tue Jan 8 22:58:17 CST 2013

Thanks Bruce. Till the time i look into the suggested works, here is the
missing informations.
Question: how to check the appropriateness of the self absorption
correction? I don't have corresponding transmission data.
The question came to my mind when i compared the uncorrected (of courese
corrected for dead time) data and the corrected (with SiO2Eu0.002 formula;
the formula corresponds to the mole (roughly atom)percentage. The edge
jump enhanced after correction to ~1 from ~0.04.
Material: Eu(III) sorbed on silica.
Sumit

--
Sumit Kumar