[Ifeffit] Demeter 0.9.14

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Jan 2 09:43:01 CST 2013

Happy New Year everyone!

Today I am releasing version 0.9.14 of Demeter and of the software
built from it, including Athena, Artemis, and Hephaestus.

I just tagged the 0.9.14 release at my GitHub page

   https://github.com/bruceravel/demeter

I have built an Updater package for the Windows users.  The Updater
can be downloaded from

   http://bruceravel.github.com/demeter/

If you have not currently running version 0.9.13.1, you MUST download
and install the Installer package before installing the new Updater.

This release incorporates A LOT of changes.  See

   https://github.com/bruceravel/demeter/blob/master/Changes.org

If you requested a feature or reported a bug in the last 3 months, I
believe you will find your issue addressed in this release.

Most significantly, I believe that I have fixed the MinGW DLL conflict
issue that was discussed starting at the end of November.  I'd like to
thank Greg Hutchings for his help tracking down that problem and
testing my solution.

Cheers,

PS: My hope for the next release is to begin supporting Matt's Larch
project, which he announced here about two weeks ago.  That will be a
work in progress for a while to come, but the adventuresome may be
interested in jumping on that boat as soon as possible!

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

 Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel