[Ifeffit] Merging data in Athena

George Sterbinsky GeorgeSterbinsky at u.northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 27 10:09:17 CST 2013

Hi Chris,

The reason that I have spectra with different point spacings is because I
felt that a given range of the spectrum was oversampled. That is to say,
all of the spectral features could be captured with less points. It is not
clear to me why merging two spectra, where one has more data points than
necessary, would not still reduce the noise and uncertainty of the
measurement. Could you elaborate on your concern?

Thank you,
George