[Ifeffit] Merging data in Athena

Christopher Patridge patridge at buffalo.edu
Wed Feb 27 07:24:20 CST 2013

George,

It seems rather unconventional to try and merge data which has different
energy grid spacing?  I thought the main point of merging data is to
reduce the noise and uncertainty of a measurement.  I am not sure how
the exact method of merging data is implemented but I don't think it is
fair to call this a bug as a result of a unique situation.  Could you or
have you reinterpolate one spectrum?

Chris Patridge

Christopher J. Patridge, PhD
NRC Post Doctoral Research Associate