[Ifeffit] Fwd: Re: Use of feff8 with D-artemis?

Kathy Dardenne kathy.dardenne at kit.edu
Wed Feb 20 09:17:34 CST 2013

Hello,

I know you have lot's of work with demeter and even more with the new
version based on Larch, but I wanted to know if it is still foreseen that
the use of feff84 will be implemented?
Even just the possibility to load feffnnnn files already calculated (if
easier).

I proceed to a test on Am aquo(III) species doing one shell analysis using
feff84 and feff6.exe (as provided in Demeter) and I get "different" results.
As all my previous data are analysed with feff84 (or feff9 with no
significant differences) and I can not use Artemis Demeter.
And all files are incompatible with Demeter artemis (as feff8 is used) so
that I would have to start from zero again...

I attached to my e-mail the old artemis project with both fits and the
project with demeter artemis but only feff6 results.
As expected Demeter artemis or old artemis give identical results using for
both feff6.

Thanks,

Kathy Dardenne