[Ifeffit] Hephaestus crash

Darren Dale darren.dale at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 16 15:09:15 CST 2013

Hello all,

I'm working on getting my ifeffit/demeter environment together,
following the instructions at
http://bruceravel.github.com/demeter/pods/installation.pod.html . When
I run hephaestus, select F'/F'', and then select any element in the
table, the program bails and I get some feedback in the terminal:

Can't use string ("Demeter") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use
at accessor Demeter::devflag (defined at
/home/darren/perl5/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/Demeter.pm
line 100) line 8.

Sometimes, "<F> line 29." is appended to that error message.

I'm running the forthcoming kubuntu 13.04. Any ideas how I can improve
my install?

Thanks,
Darren