[Ifeffit] Athena deglitch problem

Sathish Mayanna satty334 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 12:42:25 CST 2013

*Dear Matt*

> > Now it seems  working well except some minor things, I can remove the
> points
> > from the data, the random point selection by software  works better for
> > rebinned data. I think the only problem I have now is I still cannot move
> > the cursor after double click (I can only remove the points which the
> > software decides - at least now it choose the points where I double
> click).
> > When i move my mouse cursor on the plot, it shows the correct
> coordinates.
>
> I'm still a bit confused about whether this actually working for you.
>  The data you sent has fairly large arrays (>2400 points), but all the
> data was well-ordered in energy... I think that should "just work",
> without needing re-binning.  And it does for me, and I don't see how
> re-binning would affect this.

* If I don't rebin the data, Athena will not choose the point which I am
intend to remove (I think i have some minor issues here). If I rebin the
data from ~ 2400 to 350 points, Athena will work correctly.*

> I think it's always been the case that you double-click near the point
> to be removed, and hope that Athena does select the one you intended.

*This works perfect for rebinned data. *

> > I have one clarifications, when u choose the option to deglitch the data
> > (rebinned or non rebinned data), does the x(E) data plot looks like in
> the
> > attached file (line) or it looks like sets of blue round points same
> size as
> > cursor.
>
> For me, it looks very much like the image you attached.   I do not see
> a series of dots.
>
> > I think, the issue is solved except that I cannot move the randomly
> chosen
> > point.
>
> Why can't you remove the point chosen?  That seems like it's not
> working to me. Wasn't that the problem you were having?

*I mentioned "MOVE" in my above sentence, (Just to be more specific, when I
double click on the plot to choose a point, sometimes Athena select its own
random points away from the point where I clicked, when I try to drag that
randomly chosen cursor to the point of my interest, it will not work), IS
THIS NORMAL?  *

*I will try to figure out all the possible ways for non-rebinned data, if
it does not work at least for now rebinned data works.*

*Regards*
*Sathish*

Satty