[Ifeffit] error in ATOMS

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Dec 12 09:46:24 CST 2013

Hi Julius,

Your original email from last month came while I was on travel.
Happily someone else helped you get over the immediate problem, so
this issue has been languishing on my back burner.  I finally got
around to looking at it this morning.

The next release of the software will fix both of the problems you
observed:

  1. The "add a site" button was broken and should work in the next
     release.

  2. The problem you had with your original crystal data will still
     happen.  Robert's solution was the correct one.  In the next
     release, a situation like yours will fail more gracefully and
     Artemis will issue a (hopefully) useful error message.

Thanks for reporting your problems to the mailing list.  It really
helps make the software better.

I should also point out what an excellent advertisement for the
mailing list your original email was.  I was out of the country and
unavailable, so it's a good thing you didn't try to contact me
directly.  Because you used the mailing list, someone else was able to
help you.  That's a system t hat works!