[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Digest, Vol 130, Issue 13

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 10 12:03:26 CST 2013

Hi Sathish,

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Sathish Mayanna <satty334 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Matt and Bruce
>
> Thanks, I thought its a common problem, i will be more specific in this
> message.
>
> I am using windows 7, 64 bits and/or 32 bits Operating System, installed
> with updating 0.9.18.2 Demeter, its in the folder C:\strawberry.
>
> To deglitch the single point of EXAFS data using Athena, after CHOOSE A
> POINT option, when I double click on the plot of k space, it does choose a
> point randomly and I can remove that particular point, but unfortunately, I
> cannot move or select the point which I want to remove. It always choose a
> random point by its own.
>
> Do I miss something here ?

Hmm, I'm not sure.   I can select the "deglitch and truncate data"
window, but this only allows me to pick data in mu(E) or chi(E),  and
shows either mu(E) or chi(E).   I do not see k space data, and think
you probably shouldn't either.

Obviously, "picking a point randomly" is a bit hard to diagnose from far away.
I wonder if it could be an issue with gnuplot.  If you just move the
mouse around on the plot window, the coordinates should be displayed
in the left hand side of the status bar, at the bottom of the plot.
As you do this, do these values appear to be correct?