[Ifeffit] Recommendations for DFT/computational chemistry software?

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 12 16:22:19 CDT 2013

One thing I can tell you - it needs a LOT of compute power, and Windows tends to limit you in terms of memory.  I have a machine with 96GB and
can only use 4GB of it because I made the mistake of getting 32-bit Gaussian.  Thus, I can't do any crystals.  Also, unless you get the
parallel option, you end up not using all the cores in a multi-core machine.
	mam