[Ifeffit] Linear Combination Fitting using ATHENA

Scott Calvin scalvin at sarahlawrence.edu
Fri Aug 9 06:00:59 CDT 2013

Hi Teck Kwang,

Molar percent by absorbing atom. In other words, if the best fit is 60% Fe(II), that corresponds to 60% of the iron atoms being Fe(II).

But note that XANES depends on more than just valence state. Does the FeO and Fe2O3 combination fit the XANES well? Do those compounds correspond well to the actual compounds expected in the material? Did you try other iron standards?

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College