[Ifeffit] FEFF report: Hard tests failed in fovrg.

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 7 15:03:03 CDT 2013

OK.  I still use old Artemis.  I haven't tried DArtemis, especially in terms of integrating newer
versions of FEFF.  Is the procedure for doing this documented somewhere?

The folklore, with which my experience is consistent, is that FEFF6L reqires large values of E0 relative
to the edge in order to fit when the central atom is heavy, such as Pt.  What I don't know is how the accuracy
varies with FEFF version.  I would think that the FEFF group must have made those tests, and they're probably
published somewhere in the many papers that have come out describing the newer FEFFs, but I'm too lazy to
search for them.

As for me being a software developer, I'm not about to screw with the excellent work you've done on
the IFEFFIT suite.  For one thing, that would require learning Python.
	mam