[Ifeffit] Some doubts about Artemis

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Aug 5 16:27:22 CDT 2013

On 08/05/2013 05:06 PM, Miguel A. Gómez wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have two doubts about the use of the Artemis software:
>
> 1) Is it possible to use the coordination number of one path (N) as a
> variable? Because I tried to do it, but I am unable to write any letter
> in the path parameters set.

See
http://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg03646.html
and the responses that follow.

We've been answering questions on the mailing list for many years now.
Searching through the archives is a really good use of time.

> 2) When I change the 'Fourier transform parameters' in order to perform
> a new fit, the  "window range" (green line) in the plotting screen wont
> change the range (at least visually) and remains between the defaut
> values (r from 1 to 3 or k from 2 to 10). Is there any form to modify this?

As described, this is certainly not correct.  Attached are two screen
shots.  For the first one, I imported a project file and immediately
clicked the "Rk" button.  I changed the values of kmax and Rmax, then
clicked the "Rk" button again.  The values were clearly updated
correctly for the second plot.

Please see my post to the mailing list from only 30 hours ago (!!)
about the difference between an actionable bug report and complaining
into the wind:

http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/pipermail/ifeffit/2013-August/011284.html

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2

  Homepage:    http://xafs.org/BruceRavel